1. How do I apply to TCA?
After you’ve taken a look at our process and funding criteria, you are now ready to fill out our application form and get started.
The Chennai Angels use Venture360, a platform designed to support the activity of Angel Networks. We prefer that all entrepreneurs apply for funding using the questionnaire in the online application. We do have a guide to use the platform. To apply for funding please visit the Venture 360 Platform
2. What are TCA’s gating criteria for ventures seeking investment?
- Ventures with unique ideas with potential for rapid, scalable growth within a reasonable time frame.
- Businesses with proprietary technology, early market lead and other strong barriers to entry.
- A strong management team to execute the business plan, with relevant and successful experience.
- Entrepreneurs who can provide evidence of the validation of their concept and particularly those who have begun to engage with the market have a stronger proposition.
- A team with a desire for mentoring and coaching.
- A reasonable valuation that fits within the risk/reward expectations of our members.
- A credible exit strategy for investors.
- Preference for ventures from South India.
3. What process can I expect after I apply to TCA?
4. What should my business plan contain?
Brief Elevator Pitch, Vision and Mission Statement, Market and Industry Environment, Value Proposition, Key Products/Services and Differentiation, Competitive Scenario and Entry Barriers, Business Model and Sales/Marketing Strategy, Market Traction, Management Team, Organization, Financials, Exit Strategy, Capital, Risks and Gaps. Please refer Entrepreneur resources link for business plan format.
5. What is the average ticket size of TCA investments?
On an average the funding would range between Rs. 50 Lakh to Rs 3 Crore. Members may invest more or less depending on the funding requirements of the company and the interest of the members. If the investment size is larger, TCA may syndicate the investment with other investor groups.
6. Does TCA sign NDAs?
TCA does not sign NDAs. TCA shares all plans received by it exclusively with its members. TCA members in turn, sign an undertaking with TCA. All members are bound by the undertaking.
7. How long will it take to get funding from TCA?
Depending on complexity, from start to finish it can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months to get funding. The goal is to complete due diligence as quickly as possible while undergoing a thorough review of the business. The entrepreneur can expedite due diligence by having the information available ahead of time, making yourself and your team available for meetings, and by being proactive in driving the process. At the conclusion of due diligence, it is important that the entrepreneur and investors are both comfortable with each other and can have a productive partnership.